Last Updated on June 7, 2022, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 202
- Which three people does Winston see in his dream?
- About how old was Winston when his parents disappeared?
- What does Winston call the pasture in his recurring dreams?
- What word does Winston wake up with on his lips?
- On what city does Winston remember an atomic bomb having fallen?
- What Party slogan begins “Who controls the past…”?
- What is the Newspeak word for “reality control”?
- In what decade does Winston think he remembers first hearing of Big Brother?
- What is the Oldspeak term for Ingsoc?
- What does the Party falsely claim to have invented?
- Winston sees his mother, his sister, and the dark-haired girl from the Fiction Department.
- Winston was ten or eleven when his parents disappeared.
- Winston calls the pasture in his dreams “the Golden Country.”
- Winston wakes up with the word “Shakespeare” on his lips.
- Winston remembers an atomic bomb falling on Colchester.
- The slogan is “Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.”
- The Newspeak word for “reality control” is doublethink.
- Winston thinks he remembers first hearing of Big Brother in the 1960s.
- The Oldspeak term for Ingsoc is “English Socialism.”
- The Party falsely claims to have invented airplanes.