Part 1, Chapter 2 Questions and Answers
- What are citizens of Oceania supposed to call one another?
- Of what organization are the Parsons children wearing uniforms?
- On what committee is Tom Parsons a leading member?
- What name does Mrs. Parsons’s son call Winston after shooting him with the catapult?
- What does O’Brien say in Winston’s dream?
- Where does the voice on the telescreen say Oceania’s forces have just won a victory?
- What ration is being reduced?
- What song plays after the reduced ration is announced?
- What word appears behind the torn poster Winston sees from his window?
- Why does Winston place a grain of dust on his diary?
- Citizens of Oceania are supposed to call one another “comrade.”
- The Parsons children are wearing the uniforms of the Spies.
- Tom Parsons is a leading member of the Sports Committee.
- Mrs. Parsons’s son calls Winston “Goldstein.”
- O’Brien says, “We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.”
- The voice on the telescreen says Oceania’s forces have just won a victory in South India.
- The chocolate ration is being reduced.
- The song that plays after the reduced ration announcement is “Oceania, ’Tis for Thee.”
- The word that appears behind the poster is INGSOC.
- Winston places the grain of dust on his diary so that he will know if someone moves the diary.