This is an interesting, timely topic. We hear about bullying regularly in our schools. This is both bad and good; it's bad because the prevalence of bullying seems to be rising, but it's good because it has forced schools to deal with this issue. I might ask the following questions:
- Have you ever been bullied? If so, explain what happened.
- Do you know someone who has been bullied? Explain.
- Have you heard anyone talking about how he/she has bullied someone? What did they say they did?
- Have you ever witnessed anyone being bullied?
- What kinds of bullying have you read about?
- Why do you think some students are bullies?