If you were interviewing someone about bullying in high school, what six questions would you ask?(I want to find out what types of bullying are going on in your high school).
Bullying is a problem in school today. The very first question that I would ask a student to do is define what bullying means to them. Certainly people have different views and opinions on what it actually is. Once that is defined, I think it may give me a better idea regarding which questions to ask. For example:
- What kind of bullying have you experienced? For example, cyber bullying.
- Is the bullying gender specific?
- Do certain social groups get bullied more than others?
- Does the school have resources available to help students who get bullied?
- Is there some kind of system set in place, like PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention System), that teaches kids how harmful bullying can be?
This is an interesting, timely topic. We hear about bullying regularly in our schools. This is both bad and good; it's bad because the prevalence of bullying seems to be rising, but it's good because it has forced schools to deal with this issue. I might ask the following questions:
- Have you ever been bullied? If so, explain what happened.
- Do you know someone who has been bullied? Explain.
- Have you heard anyone talking about how he/she has bullied someone? What did they say they did?
- Have you ever witnessed anyone being bullied?
- What kinds of bullying have you read about?
- Why do you think some students are bullies?
If I was interviewing someone about bullying in high school , then I would ask
1 . Have you ever witnessed someone being bullied ?
2 . If you have witnessed someone being bullied , did you do anything to help out the victim ?
3 . Have you every bullied anyone ?
4 . Were you ever the victim of bullying ?
5 . Do you know about someone who is being bullied ?
6 . Are there a specific group of people who are being bullied at your school ?