- Write word equations and balanced chemical equations (including states) for the following reactions:
- solid sodium bicarbonate and sulfuric acid react to form sodium sulfate solution, carbon dioxide and water.
- solid potassium hydroxide and hydrochloric acid react to form a solution of potassium chloride and water
- solid copper oxide reacts with sulfuric acid to form a solution of copper sulfate and water.
1. Sodium bicarbonate + Sulfuric acid -> sodium sulfate + Carbon dioxide + water **
`2 NaHCO3 (s) + H2SO4 (aq) -> Na2SO4 (aq) + 2 CO2 (g) + 2 H2O (l)`
2. Potassium hydroxide + hydrochloric acid -> potassium chloride + water
`KOH (s) + HCl (aq) -> KCl (aq) + H2O (l)`
3. Copper (II) oxide + sulfuric acid -> copper (II) sulfate + water
`CuO (s) + H2SO4 (aq) -> CuSO4 (aq) + H2O (l)`