Write a character sketch of the main character in "The Necklace".
charmello | Certified Educator
Here is a Character Profile Chart that I give my students when I want them to really see/hear/understand a character. (If you want something more specific, then post a more specific question...)
- Character’s name:
- Character’s nickname:
- Hair Color: Eyes: Skin: Teeth:
- Describe your character’s physical appearance.
- Describe the types of clothes your character usually wears.
- Describe your character’s voice. Make sure that it suits his/her personality.
- How intelligent is this character? How educated is he or she? Tell whether or not the character has common sense, special talents or abilities.
- List at least three phrases your character may routinely use.
- Mention any special characteristics, quirks, or physical traits that would make your character memorable.
- What is the character’s general attitude toward life? (Carefree? Rebellious?)
- Name and briefly describe the acquaintances of your character.
- Name your character’s worst enemy and explain who it is and why there is a problem?
- Name your character’s most important possessions.
- Religious beliefs:
- What is the character’s main goal or ambition?
- Character flaws (fears, weaknesses, etc.):
- Character strengths:
- Name the character’s likes and dislikes in books/movies/entertainment/food, etc.
- Mention at least one major event in the character’s life.
- Sign the character’s name as he or she would.