write 5 Characteristics of each Mode of transport land water and air
gsenviro | Certified Educator
- Takes place on land, using trucks, buses, trains, smaller vehicles like cars, etc. May also involves transport of liquids/gases through pipes.
- Commonly preferred for smaller distances
- Vehicles run on diesel, petrol (or gasoline), electricity or natural gas (CNG, etc.)
- Commonly preferred form of public transport
- Generally cheap for smaller distances
- Takes place in water bodies: streams, lakes, rivers and oceans. It uses boats, ships, etc.
- Generally preferred for long distance cargo movement and/or tourism (cruise)
- Boats/ships run on liquid fuel (diesel)
- Not preferred for public transport, unless it is the only available option for mass transport, for example: for connecting smaller islands.
- Cheapest form of mass transport for long distance. However, it is also the slowest.
- Takes place in air using airplanes
- Preferred for long distance transport, esp. for human beings and smaller cargo
- Airplanes run on liquid fuel, generally a special blend known as jet fuel
- not used for mass public transport
- fastest option for travel, however it is a costly option.
hope this helps.