In Woodrow Wilson's Fourteen Points speech, in the simplest form, what do all of the points mean?Please explain each one individually.
pohnpei397 | Certified Educator
- No treaties made in secret
- No blockades of the seas ships must always be allowed to travel freely
- No more tariffs -- have free trade
- As few weapons as possible -- only enough to defend your country
- Change around what colonies belong to who -- do it fairly and take into account what the colonized people want.
- All foreign countries' armies out of Russia -- let them decide for themselves what government they'll have
- All foreign countries out of Belgium
- France should get back the stuff Prussia took from it in 1870
- Make Italy's boundaries include all Italians -- even those not now in Italy.
- All the different ethnic groups that had been part of Austria-Hungary should have their own countries
- The countries mentioned should have their territory back and should decide for themselves how they'll relate to each other
- Like #10, except about the Ottoman Empire -- specifies that the Turkish part should remain one country
- Poland should get to be a country again -- all Poles should be included in it.
- A League of Nations should be formed to keep the peace.