1 Answer | Add Yours
Richard Preston's novel, The Hot Zone, tells a story of the history of the Ebola virus from its first victim in 1980 though the scientific discoveries that diagnosed the cause of the deadly illness. Characters include:
- Charles Monet, a middle-aged Frenchman living in Kenya.
- Dr. Shem Musoke, Nairobe doctor who treats Monet.
- Dan Dalgard, primate veterinarian in Reston, Virginia.
- Peter Jahrling, civilian virologist working for the U. S. Army.
- Tom Geisbert, scientist who examines the blood samples.
- Lt. Colonel Nancy Jaax, veterinarian and chief of pathology at the Army research facility.
We’ve answered 319,189 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question