According to IMBD, these were all the exact locations of the movie. I tried to write them down without hyperlinks, so I am not sure how they will come out on the reply. Hope it helps!
- Camperdown Studios, Camperdown Road, Miramar, Wellington, New Zealand
- East Fallowfield, Pennsylvania, USA
- Glenolden, Pennsylvania, USA
- Hatfield, Pennsylvania, USA
- Malvern, Pennsylvania, USA
- Norristown, Pennsylvania, USA
- Paoli, Pennsylvania, USA
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
- Royersford, Pennsylvania, USA
- Valley Forge National Historical Park- N. Gulph Road, Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, USA
- Wayne, Pennsylvania, USA
- Wellington, New Zealand
After doing extensive research on the Internet the best that I could come up with was that the movie "The Lovely Bones" was filmed on location in different parts of Pennsylvania. Of course, the editor who listed before me is correct in saying that some of the filming was done in the studios listed.
In the book the place that Suzie lives is in Pennsylvania. She is attacked when she is brought into a secret hideaway by a neighbor who had asked her to visit it when she walks home from school through a cornfield.
To learn about the other locations, please vew the attached website.
"One of the first things New Zealand-based director Peter Jackson (''Lord of the Rings'') did when he secured the rights to Alice Sebold's ''The Lovely BonesÂ'' was to book a flight to SeboldÂ's native Pennsylvania. After wandering around a number of communities in Chester County, he knew he'd found the ideal location for the film."