Where can you find quotes about the book The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas?
The Count of Monte Cristo
Top Ten Quotes
1) Count: "Tell the angel who will watch over your life to pray now and then for a man who, like Satan, believed himself for an instant to be equal to God, but who realized in all humility that supreme power and wisdom are in the hands of God alone."
2) Count: "Only a man who has felt ultimate despair is capable of feeling ultimate bliss."
3) Dumas: "He [Monte Cristo] realized that he had gone beyond the limits of rightful vengeance and that he could no longer say 'God is for and with me.'"
4) Count: "I regard this restitution as a weight thrown into the scale to balance the evil I have done."
5) Count, speaking about Albert: "Providence has punished him."
6) Dumas: "His mind was filled with a single thought: that of his happiness destroyed for no apparent reason."
7) Dumas: "It was time for him [Dantes] to go back among men and take up the rank, influence, and power which great wealth gives in the world."
8) Count: "And now, farewell to kindness, humanity and gratitude. I have substituted myself for Providence in rewarding the good; may the God of vengeance now yield me His place to punish the wicked."
9) Count: "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth."
10) Count: "I maintain my pride in the face of men, but I abandon it before God, who drew me out of nothingness to make me what I am."
Enotes provides the full text of the novel, so you can always pull as many quotes as you need from there. I've also provided links to other sites that will provide a few quotes for you.