What are Victor's strong and weak points in chapters 1-4? would there be any possible evidence?
- Victor shows, early on, that he has a deep respect and love for his family.
- Victor is intelligent and is very eager to become educated.
- His curiosity allows him to seek the answers to many questions.
- His friendship with Clerval is strong; therefore showing Victor's loyalty and trustworthiness.
- Victor is resilient in many ways (overcoming hardships, not becoming discouraged, etc.).
- Victor admits to his violent temper.
- Although he is determined to become educated, Victor is closeminded to many subjects (government, politics, languages, etc.).
- Victor is easily consumed (referring to the time he spends studying).
- He is obsessive (natural philosophy, chemistry).
- His obsession and consumption cause Victor to isolate himself from his family and friends. His isolation, therefore, affects one of his "strengths" in that, his family is no longer a priority.
With these, sometimes vague, examples of Victor's strenghts and weaknesses, examples should not be difficult to locate throughout the first four chapters.
when leaves off to go to school he had to leave his family