What are Hercules's twelve tasks in "Hercules and His Twelve Labors"?It's in "Myths and Legends/The Minotaur".
Hercules's twelve tasks, or labors, are:
1. To save the people of Nemea from a voracious lion sent by Juno.
2. To overcome the hydra, a multi-headed monster who emits poisonous fumes from its body.
3. To capture the Erymanthean boar, which he brought back, vanquished, on his shoulders.
4. To capture a stag with antlers of gold and hooves of brass. Hercules must pursue the stag for a whole year.
5. To rid the land of carniverous Stymphalian birds.
6. To clean the stables of Augeus, King of Elis. The stable have held three thousand oxen and have not been cleaned for thirty years. Hercules diverts the courses of the Alpheus and Peneas Rivers so that they flow through the stables and clean them in one day.
7. To return the sacred bull once owned by Neptune to Eurystheus.
8. To drive away the mares of Diomedes, who feed on human flesh.
9. To obtain the girdle of the Amazon Queen Hippolyta for Admeta, Eurystheus's daughter.
10. To secure a herd of oxen belonging to the three-headed monster Geryoneus, and bring them to Eurystheus.
11. To find the Garden of Hesperides and obtain the golden apples which grow there for Eurystheus.
12. To bring the three-headed dog Cerberus from the underworld without using any weapons. When Hercules does this and then returns the Cerberus to the underworld's king, he has completed his tasks.