What are the uses of a thermometer?
Thermometers are used to measure temperature. Below is a list of some scenarios in which a thermometer might be used.
- To measure the outdoor temperature.
- To measure body temperature during a physical exam at the doctors.
- To measure body temperature when someone is ill to determine if he/she has a fever.
- To measure the temperature of an oven.
- To measure the temperature of meat after it is cooked to make sure that it is warm enough to have killed off bacteria and, therefore, safe to consume.
- To measure the temperature of a pool.
- To measure the temperature of sugar when making candy. This is of utmost importance because, if the sugar becomes too warm, then it can burn and will not crystallize.
- To measure the temperature of an incubator for a premature infant or for growing bacterial specimens in the lab.
This is by no means an all-inclusive list, but I hope it gets you started!