What are the things that I should put in my research project please?Research about any topic in the field of psychology.
Before you can ask "What do I put in my research project?" you need to ask yourself, "What is my research project about?" In order to narrow down the wide topic of "psychology" I encourage you to do some preliminary brainstorming and questioning. In order to narrow your topic, you could start by answering the following questions (from personal knowledge if possible):
- What do I currently know about the field of psychology? (Brainstorm a list of anything you can think of that comes to mind when you think of psychology.)
- What subjects or sub-topics do I enjoy within the field of psychology?
If you cannot answer either of the above questions, you have some options. You could do a preliminary informal internet search with "psychology" as your keyword and see what you find. If anything catches your attention or interest, jot it down. You could also poll others (like parents, teachers, coaches, etc.) and ask what they think you might enjoy researching within this broad topic. Finally, if you have thought about what you would like to do with your life (a career choice that interests you) you might could consider how psychology affects that field. For example, as an educator, I'm very interested in child/adolescent psychology, specifically in the area of behavior modification and discipline.
Whatever field or more specific area of psychology you choose, you should then compose 10-15 open-ended questions that will guide your research. Some examples might include questions like:
- What are the current published schools of thought on [my topic]?
- What are some recent developments/changes in ideas in [my topic]?
- How is [my topic] being used in [select career or specific field]? What's working? What is not?
These questions will help you narrow down your topic into an even more specific focus. Depending on the type of paper you must write (argumentative, cause-effect, compare-contrast, etc.) you can then work with the presentation of your information in order to satisfy your class requirements.
I hope this helps you get started. Feel free to continue posting questions here on Enotes as you progress in this project for further help.