3 Answers | Add Yours
The amount of water that people use is quantified in their water footprint. There are many ways in which this can be reduced. Many ways of doing this may not strike someone as a means of reducing water usage; for example the production of one kilogram of beef requires 16000 liters of water, if you were to not eat 10 kilograms of beef in a year and instead substituted it with a vegetarian product that requires a much smaller quantity of water to produce, you could save around 100000 liters of water every year.
There are many direct ways of conserving water. Some of these are:
- Use a water efficient shower head, or have a bath with a bucket of water and avoid using the shower entirely.
- Wash your clothes and dishes only when the complete clothes washer and dishwasher is full.
- When washing things like vegetables use a pan of water instead of running the tap continuously.
- Water your garden in the morning or in the evening when less of the water will evaporate.
- Try using techniques like drip irrigation which could save a lot of water.
Check the link provided below for hundreds of ways in which you can conserve water.
That’s good question, we all can conserve water by taking care of small things in day to day life, When washing dishes by hand, don't let the water run while rinsing. Fill one sink with wash water and the other with rinse water. Check your outdoor faucets, hose and sprinkler for leakage. While brushing teeth , shaving turn of water tab, these are some small things which you should keep in mind always.
dont drink water
We’ve answered 319,814 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question