2 Answers | Add Yours
- Dill's Aunt Rachel is a closet drinker, sneaking "a pint for breakfast every morning."
- The knothole in the Radley tree and the gifts that Jem and Scout received.
- Mr. Avery's long distance peeing exhibition.
- The real reason Jem lost his pants in the Radley collard patch.
- Mrs. Dubose's morphine addiction.
- Miss Maudie's much-guarded recipe for Lane cake.
- The Finches' illustrious relative, Joshua St. Clair, tried to shoot the president of the University of Alabama.
- The names of the "wicked children" who hid the Barber sisters' furniture in the basement one Halloween.
- That Boo Radley actually killed Bob Ewell.
Well there are a few town secrets in Macomb County. First there is Boo Radley, the mysterious neighbor to Jem and Scout. He never comes out and is shrouded in mystery. Rumor has it that he went crazy and stabbed his father. Later in the novel we find out the truth about this. Another secret is Atticus' ability to shoot a gun. He is the best shot in Macomb County, but very few people know this. The third big secret is that Mr. Raymond the town drunk is actually never drunk. He drinks Cola from his paper bag and just pretends to be drunk so that he will not have to talk to anyone. This novel is filled with secrets most of which are also symbolic.
We’ve answered 319,858 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question