There are very profound questions one could ask of George Orwell's 1984 (with focus on part three). Here are multiple questions which will create discussion and bring out controversy.
- What is the meaning of "War is Peace?"
- What is the meaning of "Freedom is Slavery?"
- What is the meaning of "Ignorance is Strength?"
- If the purpose of torture at the Ministry of Love is not to obtain confessions alone, what is the true purpose?
- How effective is it to use a person's greatest fear against him or her?
- What is the significance of "two and two make five?" Are there any circumstances where this is actually true?
- Why must one be broken in order to find the truth?
- What is important about having a true belief, without any concerns or questions, regarding a group's ideology?
- Are there any problems with a group whose individual members fail to question anything?