What are some positive consequence of human environment interaction
Human beings interact with the environment in a number of ways, some positive, other negative. Here are some examples of positive interactions, interactions that do not harm the environment or support it.
- Use of renewable energy resources: prevents use of fossil fuels, thereby protecting the environment
- Planting trees: more plants and trees not only mean a better surrounding for us, it also helps the environment.
- Creation of National Parks or protected areas: not only ensures the safety of species but also provides tourism sites for people to enjoy nature.
- Eco-tourism: protects the environment and the way of life of natives.
- Sustainable infrastructure development: efforts to build infrastructural projects (such as roads, bridges, dams, etc.) while ensuring that minimal environmental damage takes place.
- recycling: when we recycle used material, we save the environment by not buying new materials. Examples include recycling of waste paper, glass bottles, plastics, etc.
- Rainwater Harvesting: Another great example of positive human environment interaction. It allows for direct use of rainwater or recharges the groundwater, thereby helping the depleting water tables.
check Approved by eNotes Editorial