1 Answer | Add Yours
There are many towns and cities named after the English language's greatest writer, William Shakespeare. The town of Shakespeare, Ontario (Canada) is situated near Stratford (named after Shakespeare's home town. It is also the name of a ghost town in New Mexico. There is an asteroid named 2985 Shakespeare, and a crater on the planet Mercury named after Shakespeare. The British Royal Navy had both a destroyer and a submarine named the HMS Shakespeare. The Shakespeare Programming Language (SPL) is a computer program based on Shakespeare's characters and plays.
Other products include:
- Shakespeare Electronic Products Group
- Shakespeare, a journal
- Shakespeare's Pizza, in Columbia, Missouri
- Shakespeare's Restaurant & Pub, in Ellwood City, Pennsylvania
- Shakespeare Composite Structures, a producer of fiberglass composites
- Shakespeare Military Antenna Products
- Kill Shakespeare, an adventure graphic comic novel
There are hundreds of Shakespeare-related theatre companies and festivals, and, of course, there is the fishing equipment company founded in 1897.
We’ve answered 318,989 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question