Wherever energy is consumed, it can be conserved by using it in a responsible manner. In most cases, it is also possible to find more efficient alternatives that serve the same purpose but use less energy.
I really don't know what you would define as great ideas, but here are a few.
- Switch off lights and other appliances when they are not being used. Appliances left in the stand-by mode continue to consume a lot of energy, instead switch them off.
- Opt for the more energy efficient alternatives when you have a choice. For example, to light your room you could use compact fluorescent lamps instead of incandescent lamps.
- Do everything you can to reduce the wastage of energy. For example, improve the insulation of your house so that the heat produced by your heater increases the temperature of your house instead of escaping out.
- Whenever possible reduce your consumption of energy. To buy a couple of items from a shop close to your house, walk or use a bicycle instead of using your car to reach there.
- Recycle. It should always be kept in mind that plastic, metal, paper, etc. need energy for their production. By recycling these items you save a lot of energy.
1.we can engage in recycling.Make full use of old furniture ,clothes and so on.