What are some fields I can go into with a degree in sociology?
Sociology is the study of the development, structure, and functioning of human society. Mostly, sociologists study human interaction, and it has a wide range, from crime to religion. As you can see there are many different fields one can go into if they wish to study sociology. Here are a few examples:
- Criminal Justice - law enforcement, corrections, justice system
- Business and Industry - advertising, human resources, leadership training, consumer and market research
- Education - educational research in elementary, junior high and high school along with colleges and universities
- Advocacy - child welfare, victim rights, labor rights, national policies
- Communications - public relations, magazine and newspaper reporting
These are just a few of the fields you can go into as a sociologist. As you can see, there are so many options that you can choose what you are passionate about and where you fit best.
Hope this helps!