What are some examples of solutions without liquid?
Solution is another name for a homogeneous mixture. A homogeneous mixture is one whose components are evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
A solution is composed of a solute and a solvent. The solute is the substance that is dissolved in the solution. The solvent is the substance that dissolves the solute.
A solution can be composed of solutes and solvents that are solids, liquids, and gases.
Examples of solutions that don't include liquids:
- Air: Air is a solution composed of a gas solute and a gas solvent.
- Hydrogen and platinum: Hydrogen is a gas solute and platinum is a solid solvent.
- Water in air: Water is a liquid solute and air is a gas solvent.
- Smog: Smog is composed of solid solute particles in a gas solvent.
- Alloys: In an alloy, the solute is a solid metal and the solvent is a solid metal.
check Approved by eNotes Editorial