Maslow's Needs are (in order from least basic to most basic)
We can already see that the more basic needs, at the bottom, are primary concerned with the proper functioning of the body, whereas the upper levels are concerned with psychological health and stimulation.
NANDA Diagnoses are in 12 categories:
- Health Promotion
- Elimination and Exchange
- Role Relationships
- Coping/Stress Tolerance
- Life Principles
There are already some direct parallels, such as Safety, Self-Perception and Role Relationships.
Some diagnoses might include:
- Self-Actualization: Life Principles - readiness for enhanced decision making
- Self-Esteem: Self Perception - chronic low self-esteem
- Belonging: Role Relationships - ineffective relationship
- Safety: Coping/Stress Tolerance - fear
- Physiological: Activity/Rest - sleep deprivation