what are some effective ways that school could encourage more students?I just dont understand this, i need help with making my new topic paragraphs and my starting my thesis,
Some possible ways that schools might be able to encourage more students who need it:
- Have more extracurriculars for people with different tastes. If there are lots of school-related activities that are available, more students might find something that inspires them and makes them more excited about school.
- Have teachers find ways to make the curriculum more relevant to students' everyday lives. The more students feel like what they are learning matters, the more they're likely to care.
- For this same reason, offer more kinds of classes as electives. More electives mean more students being able to take classes that really interest them.
Of course, the first and third of these take money and that is something that is in short supply in most school districts these days...
If you use the above posts as the start of some excellent brainstormed ideas and continue the list with some ideas of your own, you can continue the writing of this paper by following these simple steps.
- Brainstorm several ideas.
- Categorize ideas into at least 3 groups (some ideas on your original list may be left out).
- Label group categories with a unifying quality. This will become your paragraph topic sentences.
- Outline your paper using ideas from #3 and expanding on examples within each category.
Giving students input in to the curriculum and encouraging their feedback on particular units of work is useful. Access to extension and/or revision materials on a website has been something my students have requested to give them confidence. Involving students in the learning process and planning is always a good idea.
Get rid of standardized testing, as it tells students' that their end all/be all in terms of achievement and educational worth is a number distilled from a high stakes exam. We start by admitting this is not the case, and by showing them that they are worth more than that intellectually.