What are the slice of life characteristics in the short story ''A Day's Wait''?Give examples from the story of these characteristics.
bullgatortail | Certified Educator
"SLICE OF LIFE" EXAMPLES FROM "A DAY'S WAIT"
- Schatz closes the windows because it had gotten cold in the house during the night.
- Schatz sits by the fireplace for warmth.
- The doctor arrives to diagnose Schatz. Although unusual today, doctors often made house calls during much of the 20th century.
- The father read pirate stories to his son while he was sick.
- The father took his dog for a walk and did some hunting along the way.
- Both the dog and the man had trouble walking on the slick ice, and both of them fell.
- The father took the boy's temperature and gave him a glass of water.
- Schatz misunderstands the temperature reading (confusing Fahrenheit with centigrade), and the father explains to him that his high temperature is actually normal for a bout with the flu.
- The next day, Schatz slowly began to relax, but "he cried very easily at little things that were of no importance."