What are the pros and cons of the current Alcan IT management system?
What are the pros and cons of the new Alcan IT enterprise architecture proposed by Robert Ouelette?
Would you support staying with the current IT system at Alcan or moving to the new enterprise architecture? Please explain the support for your position.
1 Answer | Add Yours
The IT management system proposed by vice president and chief information officer Robert Ouellette is characterized by the followings advantageous traits:
- the large amount of information that is stored in electronic databases is possible with the new IT management system;
- the storage of information in electronic databases enables a faster access and an efficient communication between business associates from different countries, all over the world;
- the introduction of VoIP makes the services to run quicker;
- the operational times of various tasks are reduced in new IT management system, providing better results and increasing the profit;
- the performance areas are identified through the new procedures implemented by the new IT management system;
- the costs with personnel are reduced with the new IT management system
The disadvantages of the IT management system proposed by vice president and chief information officer Robert Ouellette are the followings:
- the new IT management system becomes operational if the actual structure of organization is changed;
- the increase of unemployment rate because of the job cuts is one major disadvantage of the proposed new IT management system;
- the IT management systems do not have self-independence since they cannot operate itself;
- the maintenance times required by the IT management systems breakdowns are long;
- the software in IT management systems can generate altered responses.
Analyzing the advantages and disadvantages of the proposed new IT management system it seems that the decision regarding the acceptance of the system, proposed by Robert Ouellette, is more suitable than any others, under the given circumstances.
We’ve answered 318,991 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question