what are possible essay questions a teacher could ask dealing with a comparision of macbeth to lord of the flies?
4 Answers | Add Yours
1. How is evil exemplified in each work? What are its sources, and how is it manifested in Lord of the Flies and Macbeth?
2. Is man's basic nature good or evil? Support your discussion with examples from the play and the novel.
3. How does Shakespeare create suspense in Macbeth, and how does Golding create suspense in Lord of the Flies?
4. Choose one symbol from each work and explain its significance. How does each symbol contribute to the theme of the work?
1. Compare/Contrast the boys' struggle for power with Macbeth's. Is this sense of ambition inherent in all humans?
2. How might Simon have responded to the events in Scotland? Would Macbeth have come to a different end if Simon had been there to advise him?
3. How does the motif of purity/innocence work in each text? What characters are most representative of this concept?
1. Outline the moral decline of Macbeth and Jack. How are they similar?
2. How do the crown in Macbeth and the conch shell in LOF hold similar importance in these two stories?
3. In both stories, the authors use the theme of blindness--both literal and figurative--explain how this theme works out in both.
1) Explain how Macduff and Ralph represent heroic qualities?
2) Compare the characters of Duncan to Simon?
3) How are both stories tragic?
4) How do the deaths in the works contribute to the themes?
5) Compare and contrast the endings.
6) How do superstition and supernatural elements play in both works?
7) How is the island similar to Denmark?
We’ve answered 318,945 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question