The plot of a story made up of the events that take place in a story. Generally they are viewed by how they relate to each other and looked at in sequential order. The plot can almost be looked at as a summary of the story as it generally includes all the main characters and the theme and main idea are evident from the plot.
The plot is often broken down into the following categories.
1. Exposition-introduction to the story, main characters and setting
2. Raising Action-Introduces the conflict
3. Climax-Most exciting part of the story or the turning point
4. Falling Action-events leading to the end of the story, things are starting to wrap up.
5. Resolution- problems are resolved in someway, though that does not mean it is always a positive resolution.