What are the physical and chemical properties of Mendelevium?
Physical properties refer to a trait or characteristic of a substance. Physical properties are measurable.
Three physical properties of Mendelevium are listed below.
1. It has a melting point of 827 degrees Celsius (which is the same as 1521 degrees Fahrenheit or 1100 Kelvin)
2. Mendelevium is a solid state at 20 degrees Celsius
3. Mendelevium has an average atomic mass of 258 amu (atomic mass units).
Chemical properties are properties or characteristics of a substance that are observed during a reaction in which the composition of the substance is changed.
Three chemical properties of Mendelevium are listed below.
1. Mendelevium is radioactive.
2. Mendelevium has a preferred III oxidation state. However, it has been shown to also have a II oxidation state.
3. Mendelevium has an atomic number of 101. This means that Mendelevium has 101 protons in its nucleus.