Where can I look for quotes to prove that James's attack on Bella is the main conflict in "Twilight", and how the conflict is resolved?I need to know where to look for this quote in order...
Where can I look for quotes to prove that James's attack on Bella is the main conflict in "Twilight", and how the conflict is resolved?
I need to know where to look for this quote in order to finish the rest of my essay. This is the last paragraph I need and I am under pressure because the essay is due monday and i I have not fully finished reading the book.
I think it can be argued that James's attack on Bella is the main physical conflict, or external one. You should look for the following scenes:
- After James and his gang leave the meadow (from the baseball game), the Cullen family springs into action. They have immediately sensed a conflict, and they act to resolve it.
- The whole building up of the climax occurs when they make their plans to follow James and hide Bella. This is felt in their actions as well as in the tension Bella feels.
- When Bella goes to find James, she feels she is resolving the conflict herself. She is terrified, but also determined, because she feels that by sacrificing herself to James she can save the Cullens and her parents.
- After James's death, the rest of the novel has a fairly peaceful mood. Bella gets to see her mom at the hospital, everyone accepts that her injuries were the result of a fall down stairs, and she even gets to go to the prom with Edward.
- I think you can use Bella's letter to Edward (she writes it in the hotel in Phoenix) for some good quotes, because it will explain how she felt she had to meet James to end the conflict and save the Cullens and her parents.
Good luck with your paper!