In which chaptes in "Brave New World" are Lenina and her actions/interactions with others described?
mwestwood | Certified Educator
As a major character in "Brave New World," Lenina Crowne, a beautiful Beta, appears throughout the novel.
- In Chapter I Lenina is introduced as the nurse in the hatchery,
- In Chapter III Lenina talks with Fanny about her desire to go with one man, a desire that is considered dirty in the New World. She dates Bernard Marx, who is different from his Alpha-Plus caste as he is smaller than others and hairy. His desire to be alone is considered odd.
- In Chapter IV Lenina and her date, Henry Foster fly in his helicopter to play Obstacle Golf.
- In Chapter V Lenina and Henry take soma before flying to a nightclub.
- In Chapter VI Lenina travels with Bernard to the Savage Reservation.
- In Chapter VII, Lenina meets John the Savage and is taken by him.
- In Chapter IX, however, she retreats into a soma holiday.
- In Chapter XI, Lenina returns to the New World and takes the Savage out in public
- In Chapter XII, Lenina attends a reception for John, but he does not appear.
- In Chapter XIII, Lenina turns down Henry Foster and pays a surprise visit to John. After the Savage's rejection of Linda, she does not appear until the end of the novel.
Hope this helps!