1 Answer | Add Yours
This is a very important question. However, I doubt that we will see a conclusion to AIDS in Africa anytime soon. Let me give you a few statistics which will perhaps alarm you.
- AIDS has already caused more than 25 million deaths in Africa.
- In light of the first point, there are more than 15 million orphaned children.
- Of the orphaned children in Africa, few than 10% of them get any help from the state. This means poverty and little hope for the future. 44 million children do not attend school in sub-Saharan Africa.
- There are still many new infections of AIDS in Africa. Some estimate 7,400 new infections daily.
- With the lack of parents, children often lead household and they have to unimaginable things to take care of their younger siblings.
In light of these points, we will need a strong emphasis on education and prevention. We also need to spend a lot of our energy and money on helping those who have been affected so tragically, namely the children. It is a problem and issue that we will have to deal with for many years to come.
We’ve answered 319,857 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question