What is the name of a device used for accurately measuring very small amounts of liquids?

1 Answer | Add Yours

electreto05's profile pic

electreto05 | College Teacher | (Level 1) Assistant Educator

Posted on

The name of this device is "burette". These instruments are containers with tubular and elongated shape with a uniform internal diameter. Depending on the volume of the instrument they may be graduated in tenths of a milliliter or less. A stopcock at the bottom, allows to control the output of small amounts of liquid accurately right through a tube of very narrow diameter.

With a burette can be measured volumes of liquid up to 10 ± 0.02 ml(milliliters). The attached picture shows a model of "burette" used in physics and chemistry laboratories.

This image has been Flagged as inappropriate Click to unflag
Image (1 of 1)

We’ve answered 319,635 questions. We can answer yours, too.

Ask a question