1 Answer | Add Yours
Several characters have personal connections to Sam Westing and many of them are not positive experiences. Each of the following characters have potential motives for killing Sam Westing:
- James Hoo: Westing stole and tried to sell his idea for paper innersoles for shoes.
- Erica Berthe Crow: is Sam Westing's ex-wife. She could have any number of personal reasons from the marriage to kill her ex-husband and claim his inheritance.
- Grace Wexler: a distant neice of Westing, she might have killed him because of her family connection to the inheritance.
- Mr. Theodorakis: he was the childhood sweetheart of Westing's daughter. The affair was broken up by the girls mother. A distant motive might be tied to some sort of payback for a broken heart.
- Sandy McSouthers: Worked in the Westing Paper Plant for two decades and was fired by Westing personally, and given no pension.
We’ve answered 319,817 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question