- As you are a college student and have access to a university level library, you might try this journal article on Edward Taylor's meditation
- Edward Taylor's Preparationism: A New Perspective on the Taylor-Stoddard Controversy
- David L. Parker
- Early American Literature, Vol. 11, No. 3 (Winter, 1976/1977), pp. 259-278
(article consists of 20 pages)
- Published by: University of North Carolina Press
- Stable URL: http://www.jstor.org/stable/25070790
Also, you might try this journal article
PHYSIOLOGY AND METAPHOR IN EDWARD
TAYLOR'S "MEDITATION. CAN. 1.3"
Joel R. Kehler
This URL will carry you to an online version of this article.
This particular mediatation is difficult due to language, word choice, and meanings which have changed over the course of time. In addition, there are references to physiology which was unique to Taylor's period. To fully understand, you may need to do some serious research - appropriate for a college level student. Good Luck!