3 Answers | Add Yours
According to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change:
Most of the observed increase in global average temperatures since the mid-20th century is very likely due to the observed increase in anthropogenic greenhouse gas concentrations.
With this in mind, many researchers believe that if energy is produced more efficiently then there will be a reduction in greenhouse gases, leading to a healthier environment. In addition, transportation is directly related to greenhouse gases as well. Many dangerous toxins emitted by automobiles can stay in the atmosphere for hundreds of years.
In the United States, greenhouse gas emissions caused by human activities increased by 14 percent from 1990 to 2008. Carbon dioxide accounts for most of the nation’s emissions and most of this increase. Electricity generation is the largest source of greenhouse gas emissions in the United States, followed by transportation. Emissions per person have remained about the same since 1990.
I suppose I would say that the major details are these:
- Most scientists believe that the world's average temperature is climbing.
- They believe that this increase in temperature is due to human actions. Specifically, it is because we release too much carbon dioxide into the atmosphere when we burn fossil fuels.
- They believe that if we do not reduce these emissions, the temperatures will go up enough to cause serious environmental problems such as rising sea levels that will flood low-lying areas of the world.
- Many people do not believe that this is happening or that, if it is happening, that people are at fault. Therefore, it is hard to get people to do the things that scientists think are needed (they involve sacrifice) to stop global warming.
Climate Change used to be known as Global Warming. Progressives changed the terminology, as climate change serves their agenda better. What you need to know is:
- Humans are responsible for only 0.28% of all greenhouse gasses
- Climate Change confrences were cancelled 3 times due to record colds
- Polar ice caps are expanding
- Even if they were to melt, sea levels would DROP not rise
- It is impossible to measure and/or record the average oceanic tempurature, because water is always in motion
The IPCC has repeatedly fired all scientists who refute climate change/global warming, and are served a gag-order. The entire theory is a hoax intended to impose radical lifestyle curbs and punitive tax increases. If it rains, we go inside, if it's hot, we turn on the a/c, if it snows, we heat our homes. We as humans can deal with the climate, but to think we can change it is an arrogant assumption of self-importance. Just because you drive a prius, does not mean the sun will stop being hot.
The sun is on an eleven thousand year cycle, and we are currently at it's peak. There are more solar flares and other types of activity going on up there (explosions and fire and stuff). Wind mills will not and can not cool off the sun.
The important fact you need to know is: humans are not at fault; there is no problem
We’ve answered 319,175 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question