What are the major challenges supervisors face in the contemporary business environment?
Michael Ugulini | Certified Educator
The following are the major challenges that supervisors face in the contemporary business environment:
- Staying abreast of rapidly changing technology
- Keeping employees motivated during economic downturns when there is great likelihood that these employees will not receive pay increases
- Increasing sales in an ultra-competitive business climate subject to incursions by foreign companies who may produce their products cheaper, while offering less costly services
- With significant household debt and the pressures of modern living, supervisors must know how to handle often-temperamental employees who fear losing their job and their income.
- Finding qualified, motivated staff whose focus is on the aims of the organization
- Finding the time, and having the resources, to conduct proper training of new employees, while still trying to keep on top of their business management responsibilities
- Keeping current on the latest and most productive Human Resource Management programs so they can build their department specifically and the whole organization generally
- Offering opportunity to individuals based on their knowledge and skills and not having to adhere to politically-correct stipulations that demand certain groups be hired based on their profile and not their work skills and expertise