What are the main issues in A Doll's House by Henrik Ibsen?
The play raises several issues. Here are a few:
1. The roles of women in Nora's male-dominated society
2. The nature of real love
3. The importance of dignity and self-respect
4. The power of money in our lives
5. Personal growth and awareness
6. The lack of communication between people
7. Selfishness vs. selflessness
8. The dynamics of power
9. The emotional price paid for dependence
The play deals to some degree with each of these. See the eNote links below for a discussion of the major conflicts and themes in the play.