Mary Logan: mother of main character, Cassie Logan
David Logan: father of Cassie
Cassie Logan: 9 year old protagonist
Christopher John: one of Cassie's younger brother
Little Man: Cassie's youngest brother
Stacey: Cassie's oldest brother (12)
Big Ma: Cassie's paternal grandmother
Uncle Hammer: brother of Cassie's dad, David Logan.
In school i remember reading about this but the only characters i really remember are:*
Big ma( grandmother to cassie logan(main character) )
David Logan( father to cassie )
Mary Logan( mother to cassie)
Stacey Logan ( oldest brother to cassie)
Cassie Logan (Main character)
Christopher- John Logan ( younger brother to Cassie)
Little man Logan ( youngest brother to Cassie)
I really hope this helps you with your work or research... you might think this is a little weird but i say a little conclusion after each answer i write.
So basicly, ummmmmmmmmm. welll personaly i didnt like this ook at all but we had to read it so im not complaining because it developped my great nowledge and i hope it will help all young men and young wimen to be as intelligent as i am now! now remember one thing if you are a child reading this, stay at school, be good because you canpay it later by not getting a very nice job! if you cant afford to go to university dont worry about it! i didnt go to university and know i am the head of Abercrombie and fitch(some of you might know) and i gain my life without having been in university! If you are reading this part it means that you are a very nice person because you care about othe people and the people that have stopped might not have time ti read this whole paragraph or they might have all the information the want above... anyway im not going to bother you any longer, just remember, be good but have fun!!!
There is a picture of the family tree as included in Mildred D. Taylor's The Land at this page: http://books.google.com/books?id=swg1PaCO7jYC&printsec=frontcover&dq=the+land+mildred+taylor&cd=1#v=onepage&q=&f=false
It is located on the fourth page down (if you include the cover as page one), right after the table of contents.
In case this link is dead by the time somebody comes to read it, here is a text version:
* Deborah, daughter of Kanati (Native american) and Emmaline married Edward.
Edward was a white plantation owner, Deborah was his former slave. Their children (not including several of Edward's white children from his deceased wife) were:
- Cassie (not the main character of Roll of Thunder... though)
- Paul-Edward (Cassie, Stacey, CJ and Little Man's Grandpa)
* Paul-Edward married Caroline (Daughter of Luke "Sam" and Rachel).
Their children were:
- Mitchell Thomas (Killed in the World War), named after Caroline's first husband Mitchell who was shot and killed, and who told his best friend Paul-Edward to take care of her
- Kevin Edward (Drowned), named after Paul-Edward's father, Edward
- Luke Hammond ("Hammer"), named after one of Paul-Edward's white brothers, Hammond
- David George, named after another of Paul-Edward's white brothers, George
(Side note: interestingly, Uncle Hammer had more of George's personality, and David had more of Hammond's personality, according to one book)
(Another side note: Paul-Edward also had white brother Robert, but did not name a child after him. I have an idea why, but do not want to give away any information from the book The Land, which is an awesome book)
*David married Mary
Their children were:
- Robert Stacey ("Stacey")
- Cassie Deborah ("Cassie" of Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry)
- Christopher-John ("CJ")
- Clayton Chester ("Little Man")
Hope that helps!