What are the buildings and projects in Los Angeles that were part of the New Deal program ?
According to the Living New Deal, a University of California-Berkeley project that catalogs New Deal projects still in use today, some New Deal projects in Los Angeles and the surrounding area include:
- Aliso Street Bridge
- Arroyo Seco Parkway
- Bundy Drive
- First and Glendale Viaduct
- Griffith Park Observatory Astonomers' Monument
- Los Angeles City College
- Reservoir and Waste System
- Thomas Jefferson Middle School
- Mulholland Drive Bridge
- Los Angeles International Airport
- Los Angeles Federal Courthouse
- Numerous storm drains, sewage systems, sidewalks, and other utilities and public works
- Los Angeles Post Office Terminal Annex
Most of these projects were undertaken by either the Public Works Administration or the Works Progress Administration. There are also a number of murals in public buildings, including post offices and the courthouses, that were commissioned under the WPA.