1 Answer | Add Yours
Once Kino has found the Pearl of the World, he begins to dream. Like most parents, he hopes for a better life for his son, and, of course, some things for his wife and himself.
- He wants to have a wedding. In the pearl he saw Juana in a new shawl and Coyotito in a suit, wearing real shoes, and himself standing and kneeling at the high altar, and they were being married now that they could pay.
- They would have new clothes. In his dream about the marriage ceremony, Coyotito wears a blue sailor suit. In other daydreams, Kino envisions his son other little suits with hats.
- Kino hopes for a new harpoon with a ring at the end of the shaft
- Kino wants a Winchester carbine because having a rifle would "burst whole horizons."
- Kino wants his son to go to school where he will "read and open the books," and write and understand numbers.
We’ve answered 319,675 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question