WHAT IS IMPORTANCE OF NITROGEN IN ATMOSPHERE?? PLZ ANYONE EXPLN IN DETAIL.....
Nitrogen makes up approximately 78% of the earth's atmosphere. Nitrogen is the primary building block of amino and nucleic acids, which are essential to life. The nitrogen in the atmosphere must undergo natural fixation to change form from gas to liquid. Then, through precipitation, the nitrogen is absorbed in the soil and becomes a crucial component of food production in plants, thus beginning the food chain.
For more information on the Nitrogen Cycle, refer to the website below.
IMPORTANCE OF NITROGEN IN THE ATMOSPHERE:-
- The atmosphere contains 78% nitrogen gas.
- Nitrogen is an important element needed for making proteins
- Nitrogen is important for proteins found in the body tissues of all living organisms.
- All living organisms need nitrogen to live, grow and reproduce
- Nitrogen is necessary to carry out life processes with the help of cells.