What are the health foods that will keep the skin looking youthful?What are the health foods that will keep the skin looking youthful?
Many of us are aware of the things that are harmful to the skin such as lack of sleep, too much alcohol, not properly cleansing the face, overplucking of hairs that can cause discoloration, eating greasy foods, and so on. But what can be done to improve one's skin and deter aging of the skin is, perhaps, a lesser known topic. One of the best things one can do is eat what the Mediterranean people eat. For, their diet is the most beneficial to preventing aging than any other. Here is a list of nutritional items that are good for the skin and blood pressure and good cholesterol:
- Foods high in Omega 3 such as fish and sardines, especially broccoli and cauliflower, which also has vitamin K
- Foods high in vitamin C such as citrus fruits and tomatoes
- Foods high in vitamins such as the B-complex such as broccoli
- olive oil (use rather than vegetable oil in cooking)
- avocados that are rich in nonsaturated fats, antioxidants, and vitamin E
- water, water, water to oxygenate skin