Palmyra palm is native to Southeast and South Asia and has several health properties. It is typically found in India (official fruit of the state of Tamil Nadu), Pakistan, Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand, Java and other southeast Asian countries.
- Natural body cooler: good remedy for heat rashes and boils. It is very soothing to the skin and very helpful in removing itchiness that accompanies heat rash.
- helps pregnant women overcome constipation
- eating the fruit with its skin can help cure stomach ulcers
- also helps bring down the intensity of chicken pox.
- used in treatment of nausea and vomiting and worm infestation
- its sap is useful as a tonic and laxative for ulcers and liver problems.
- also has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties.
The Palmyra Palm fruit contains the following:
- Vitamin A, B-complex and C
- essential nutrients like zinc, potassium, iron and calcium