What food substances are there in milk?It is for a biology prep, I have researched but am unsure. Any suggestions help :)
Milk is considered on of the most nutritional food that every human should intake. It is essential to our body most especially for children and babies.
Milk in general contains:
1. Carbohydrates - sugar in the form of lactose, an energy giving substance.
2. Calcium (in casein form) - strengthen the bones and teeth
3. fats and oils - provide a large amount of energy and some are found to be antioxidant.
4. vitamins and minerals - aid in good metabolism, can produce energy, helps in strengthening the immune system,act as anti oxidant
5. amino acid and proteins - helps in building our muscles for growth and development.
Carbohydrates- sugar in the form of the disaccharide lactose, they give energy
Calcium- good for bones
Fats and oils(depends if it is full, 2 percent or skimmmed which means it has no fat)- gives more energy than carbohydrates
Thank you :)