Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but the five basic THEMES of Geography are:
1. Location - the "where" a place is with respect to other places, or its surroundings. This can include measurements of longitude and latitude.
2. Place - what are its physical attributes? What is its topography, are there rivers, mountains, streams, etc. What changes have humans made to the place, such as buildings, etc.
3. Human-Environment Interaction - What effect have humans had on the environment? Has that effect been positive or negative?
4. Movement - How have people, goods, etc. moved across the landscape? How have methods of communication been employed?
5. Region - These can be formal, functional, or vernacular.
A FORMAL region has clearly delineated boundaries that are well known, such as city limits, etc.
A FUNCTIONAL region is it connections. Delivery routes, judicial circuits, etc.
A VERNACULAR region are perceived regions with no clearly delineated boundaries--the Northeast, etc.
Hope this helps.