What are the factors affecting human comfort?This question is related with ergonomics.
krishna-agrawala | Student
The factors that affect human comfort at work, at rest and during other activities include the following.
- The magnitude and durations of force exerted by the body.
- Any other forces to which body may be subjected.
- The pattern of cycle of work and rest.
- Extent of mental and visual concentration and effort required.
- Nature of support available to the body to help in maintaining comfortable postures and distributing the body weight more evenly over the parts of body supporting it.
- The pattern of bodily movement. This includes the kind of movement, the extent of such movement, duration of remaining in particular positions and frequency.
- The working conditions or environment around the people. This includes factors like temperature,humidity, glare, unpleasant smells, vibrations,and presence of irritating and harmful vapours and other substances.