What does Scout learn in every chapter?
clairewait | Certified Educator
I think you could break down Scout's individual lessons in each chapter by looking at them through the lens of different themes of the book. Nearly every lesson revolves around one of the following subjects:
- Doing what is "right" is not always popular.
- A "formal education" is not the only way to gain knowledge and wisdom.
- Putting yourself in another's shoes can help you understand him better.
- Intolerance of differences is often rooted in ignorance.
- Hypocrisy, is similar to ignorance. It is often hidden inside the most unlikely people.
- Sometimes justice isn't actually fair.