1 Answer | Add Yours
Among the things that Scout learns:
- She finds that her much anticipated school days are highly disappointing.
- She finds that her teachers are mystifying (Miss Caroline) and, in Miss Gates' case, hyprocritical.
- She discovers that many things said by adults (ex: the rumors about Boo) are untrue.
- She finds that supposed ladies do not always act in a ladylike manner (ex: the missionary circle).
- She sees that justice is not always served (ex: the jury's guilty verdict in the Tom Robinson trial).
- She sees racism and bigotry first-hand.
- She sees that her own beliefs are not always accurate (ex: Atticus being "feeble" and having no talents).
- She recognizes that her behavior concerning the Boo Radley game and the children's attempts to draw Boo out were only invasions of his privacy.
- She sees the evil that is evident in man (ex: Bob Ewell).
We’ve answered 319,812 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question